无损音乐论坛-享受音乐,感悟精彩人生!

找回密码
 立即注册

扫一扫,访问微社区

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 140|回复: 0

What Should Oklahoma State Do With Open Date in 2018 Schedule?

[复制链接]

该用户从未签到

主题

帖子

积分

音乐童生

积分
发表于 2022-10-4 16:59:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
新手报道
从何知晓无损音乐论坛?: 网络推广(博客、软文、广告)
每日签到是否有用?: 没有,签到没必要
注册邮件的重要性: 没什么关系,随便填
注册无损音乐论坛的目的?: 影音分享 
音乐风格类型喜好: 纯音 
想对论坛说什么?:
If there's one thing college football fans don't really enjoy, it's paying to watch their teamlight up an undermannedFCS team..  Well, except maybe actually losing to one. This year, for the first time since 2011, Cowboy fans will be happy to know OSU doesn't have an FCS team on the schedule.  OSU is set this season with a home visit from Tulsa followed by road trips to South Alabama and Pittsburgh. It would be nice to see OSU do away with FCS games all together.  Obviously they don't agree since they just added one to 2020.  With that in mind, I went to look at the Cowboy's non-conference schedules for the next few years. The Cowboys have open dates in the next two seasons, 2018 and 2019; they need a season opener for 2018, and a week two opponent in 2019. Look, I don't love games against FCS teams.  There is ZERO value to them; win and no one cares, lose and your whole season is garbage Jacob Hardie Jersey.  Even if it is toNorth Dakota State. However, if the justification for adding one in 2019 is that OSU already has a Power 5 team on the schedule, I suppose I could let it slide.  Even though that P5 team is an Oregon State squad that hasn't had a winning season since 2013.  If that's the case, then 2019 will look a lot like 2020. So we turn our attention to 2018. Right now the schedule has two home games, Boise State and South Alabama. So what should OSU do with it's open spot in 2018? There are four options: Power 5 team, Group of 5 team, FCS team, or another bye week. <hr POWER 5With this option, there are two directions the team can go; a home-and-home or a neutral site game Terry Godwin Jersey. With the home-and-home OSU could offer to travel for 2019 and get the return trip later, say 2024.  I actually think this would be a better option than the neutral site one-off, due to the fact that most of the established kick-off games are set through 2020. The Chick-Fil-A Kick-off game does have an opening.  They've been scheduling two games, one on Saturday and one on Monday, and so far only has one match-up set for 2018; Auburn v. s.  Washington. Before we go crazy and start listing teams that OSU would NEVER schedule let's take a look at who actually has openings the first weekend of 2018.  For this exercise we will only look at teams with an open spot on opening weekend.  Yes, if a team really wanted to play OSU schedules could be moved around, but that's too complicated for this exercise.  Georgia TechFacing the "Option Offense" would be both interesting and terrifying.  SyracuseA trip to New York would be fun for Cowboy fans.  You can even stop by the OSU bar Stillwater in NYC! FloridaObviously of the three options, this would be the best.  That's it folks.  Those are all of the Power-5 teams with an open spot in their schedule to open the season.  Any of those three would be great for the Chick-Fil-A Kick-off which usually has at least one SEC or ACC team in it https://www.gboutletstore.com/Mykel_Williams_Jersey-221.  All three would make for decent home-and-homes.  In this case, they usually schedule the road game first. You could argue that Boise State is a talented enough team that adding a third G5 team to the non-conference slate will make for a sneaky difficult schedule.  Granted that would depend on how good the third team is. With that in mind, similar to the Power 5, let's take a look at all of the G5 teams with an opening on 901.  UCFDespite a winless season in 2015, Scott Frost turned the team around quickly getting them back to a bowl game last season.  A respectable opponent.  UABAfter a two year hiatus, UAB will field a football team again starting this season, so they probably won't be very good next year.  Western MichiganI don't know about you, but I think I've had my fill of directional-Michigan programs.  Louisiana-MonroeI mean..  sure why not. That's four options, but only one I would "like to see".  Plus, since you would only be paying them for one game, it wouldn't matter https://www.gboutletstore.com/Nazir_Stackhouse_Jersey-105.   I get the reputation of Boise State, but I'm not so high on them that I believe they should anchor a Power 5 team's non-conference schedule. Boise State is a solid program, I'm glad they're on the schedule, but adding an FCS school to the 2019 slate would make the non-conference schedule on par with 2015.  That one was at Central Michigan, Central Arkansas, and UTSA.  Yes Boise State is better than both CMU and UTSA, but not enough to carry a non-conference schedule by themselves. <hr So what should OSU do with it's open date in 2018? Should they look to add one of the Power 5 or Group of 5 opponents we suggested, or consider Boise State enough of a challenge and go easy with an FCS team? Or should they take the extra week off?Vote in the poll and share your thoughts in the comments section.  You could see them in a post later this week!

https://www.gboutletstore.com/Darnell_Washington_Jersey-87
https://www.gboutletstore.com/Brock_Bowers_Jersey-117
Brock Vandagriff Jersey

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|手机版|无损音乐论坛 ( 粤ICP备17071233号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 20:03 , Processed in 0.137304 second(s), 30 queries .